Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Mentor tessent MBIST pattern for dual port SRAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

csjiang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all:
I have a design with MBIST architecture generated by Mentor Tessent. In the desing my dual port SRAMs are SMIC's 55nm process. The two ports of SRAM can't be read on the same address at the same cycle, unless the clock edge of both ports have been separated certain time. The MBIST pattern have one cycle that read the same address at the same cycle. The clocks edge of both ports in my design are not separated. So the simulation shows Unknown on the read cycle, and the unknown causes simulation error.

I am not expert in Mentor's MBIST tool. Does anyone knows how to escape from MBIST tool generating patterns with the specific condition on testing dual port SRAM?

Does the dual port SRAm has collision pin? I have seen same issue before. After i connect collision pin , the issue was resolved.

After SMIC changed MBIST model, MBIST tool didn't generated the test condition that read the same address by both ports. It is resolved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back