Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure S-Parameters in Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

wylee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to measure s-parameters cadence

I wish to know how to measure S-Parameters S21 of this circuit in Cadence

What kind of setup and measure procedure I need? I want to plot dB20 vs Frequency

Re: Measure S-Parameters for TIA in Cadence

1.you will need 3 ports, say port 1,2 and 3 keep the 50 Ω

2.For the simulation use SP simulation. and in the port box select all three ports, and define the freq range.

3.Done !!, in the results simulation you will find 9 S params S11 to S33 forming the S param matrix,

with Sij=reflection at i due to input at j.

Reactions: Reza.T

Reza.T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

aomeen said:
1.you will need 3 ports, say port 1,2 and 3 keep the 50 Ω

2.For the simulation use SP simulation. and in the port box select all three ports, and define the freq range.

3.Done !!, in the results simulation you will find 9 S params S11 to S33 forming the S param matrix,

with Sij=reflection at i due to input at j.

1. It seems that when you use PORT, you need to fill in voltage amplitude information in PORT's properties (psin). But circuit input (IN) is current driven, it this still applicatable? or do I need to add a 1Ω resistor in series with the port to convert voltage to current?

2. My output is fully differential (OUTP, OUTN), do we still need to add 2 ports at the output? or just need to add 1 (leaving the other port floating) ?

3. Do you have any tutorial/pdf/website which have details in how to measure S-parameters using Cadence?

do you have access to the cadence sourcelink? you can find there some examples. or you can find on edaboard a spectreRF manual, which has some examples.
BR,
M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back