Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum number of Tetrahedra in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

wlcsp

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I noticed that my hfss simulation always crashes when the number of tetrahedra exceeds 500k. I use hfss version 11.0.2 on Linux machine with 32 GB RAM.
Did anybody experience the same?

thanks,
wlcsp

If you meet this problem, I think PC-Cluster can be used to tackle it.
However, it is very expensive.

It crashes if you exceeded the memory limits. Whether it has a hard-wired limitation in the source code itself, I don't know. I never reached that high number of tetrahedra.

wlcsp said:
Hi all,

I noticed that my hfss simulation always crashes when the number of tetrahedra exceeds 500k. I use hfss version 11.0.2 on Linux machine with 32 GB RAM.
I think it is a problem of particular HFSS version for Linux. I reached up to 600-700k of tetrahedras under WinXP 64 with 16 GB and extensive swapping.
It just became to slow but without any crashes. 32 GB is pretty much, so shoudn't be any problem with 500k.
What do you see in a profile logs ? How much memory did HFSS request ?
BTW, try to remove the options (if you have) "Desired RAM Limit" and "Maximum RAM Limit".

navuho said:
wlcsp said:
Hi all,

I think it is a problem of particular HFSS version for Linux. I reached up to 600-700k of tetrahedras under WinXP 64 with 16 GB and extensive swapping.
It just became to slow but without any crashes. 32 GB is pretty much, so shoudn't be any problem with 500k.
What do you see in a profile logs ? How much memory did HFSS request ?
BTW, try to remove the options (if you have) "Desired RAM Limit" and "Maximum RAM Limit".

Yes, everything is set properly. I have sent the same question to Ansoft support, but no reply so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back