Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Maximum average power draw of FFA2004 Class D amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
What is the Maximum average power draw of FFA4004 Class D amplifier?

The bottom of this page gives some power levels per channel....
http://www.fullfataudio.com/products/

The product is only 50cm x 50cm x 9cm.
I cant see there being two 2kW class D amplifiers and a 4 x 1000W = 4kW offline SMPS inside that case?

...I mean , you are plucking a bass guitar at a festival........theres no way you are continuously plucking......the maximum average power must be very low?.....i reckon youre talking a 500W offline SMPS inside that FFA4004?

Why is the audio world so full of mystery?

Last edited:

Amplitude of a weak signal goes only slightly above and below centerline. PWM translates this into very narrow pulses either positive or negative. Only slight power is drawn.

Even if the power supply is single polarity The case is the same. Any output stage must provide 0 V and 0 A to the speaker when volume is zero. Therefore a DC blocking capacitor or smoothing capacitor is in the path, minimizing current when volume is zero.

No problem to pack 4 kW continuous power into 2U 19-inch case. Beyond the question of used average power for the instrument amplifier, I presume the 4004 can supply 4x1kW continuously and is tested for.
--- Updated ---

We see e.g. 30 kW in 3U in Keysight Regenerative Power System, even with bidirectional PFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.