Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MAX6953 NOT WORKING WITH PIC16F877A IN I2C MODE, PLS HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajtech

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
max6953

Hi,
my project is led matrix display using PIC16F877 AND MAXIM6953 in i2c mode.
my sorce code not working, please check my code and tell me whats wrong .
Thanks for your help..

max6953 con pic program

Hi,
Some problems noticed are:

1. A stop condition should not be given before a Repeat Start.

2. A repeat Start is similar to normal start so that the Slave address with R/Wr bit to be given after a Repeat Start even for communicating with the same slave.

3. What is the purpose of 'data1' in 'write_6953(data1)' ?

Regards,
Laktronics

rajtech

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
max6953 i2c code

Hi Laktronics ,

Thanks for your reply. its my mistake . now i remove "data1" and also remove stop condition before repeat start,but still not working, i think i don't know how to configure max6953, if you have any idea,pls share with me. thanks a lot..

project max6953

Hi,
Regarding configuration of 6953, I also have to read from the catalogue only, which I hope you can do it better.

By the way after repeat start, you have to give divice address A0 also everytime. You can as well remove repeat start and write the registers sequentially from 01 to 04. In this case, since auto increment of register address is there, after writing data into reg.01, you can continue to write data serially into registers without giving register address. So, your configbit() function totally will have only one start and stop for writing the complete function. No repeat start is also required.

After reading the catalogue, come out with a simple test plan and write your program accordingly.

Also check if the tris bits for I2C pins of 877 need to be set as input before configuring them as i2c. Some PIC devices need it to be done so.

Regards,
Laktronics

Re: MAX6953 NOT WORKING WITH PIC16F877A IN I2C MODE, PLS HEL

Hi Laktronics ,

Thanks for your help. I forgot to add the delay, Thats why not working, after i change the code as per your advice and add some delay between i2c write and stop. now working good, thanks a lot..

Re: MAX6953 NOT WORKING WITH PIC16F877A IN I2C MODE, PLS HEL

Hi!
Can we see your working project?
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.