Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab toolbox for Microchip DSPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltonjohn

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I downloaded the matlab toolbox for the Microchip Dsps from the microchip web site.And i must say is pretty useful. Though it is supposed to be commercial .The demo version is the same .There is only a 30 secs wait to generate code . That is not BAD !.Everybody has 30 sec to spare .
Being new to those dspics .I found this toolbox very useful to generate code quickly .The code is documented ,better sometimes than the MICROCHIP datasheets . You can really get lost among those hundreds of registers .This toolbox makes it easy to use those chips..

i recommend it a lot.One more thing if you also use proteus like i do .The dspics are supported .In no time you can prototype a complex project .Their models supports most of the Dspic peripherals .Is really a treat to design with those two tools i just mentioned.

Regards

I had several problems dueing installation..

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

.. and also during the model development and building..

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

.. and during compiling ...

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

I suggest to clap eyes on my website www.sim2lab.com
Here you can find a good alternative for developing embedded systems in Simulink for dsPIC chips. The name of my Simulink blockset is SIM2LAB dsPIC33 Target Blockset and offers a cost effective solution for rapid-prototyping. You can also build your own GUI (Graphical User Interface) for data logging/monitoring, as well as change on-the-fly the software parameters.
Visit my website for further details and download your evaluation copy: SIM2LAB blockset for Matlab/Simulink targetting Microchip dspic

Hi .i don't recall having any installation problems .Usually this type of things happens when using an old matlab version .Matlab gives all kinds of problems when used with too recent toolboxes.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back