Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matching network on a 868 MHz transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

edaenrico

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm designing a 2-way 868 MHz remote control.

I'm gonna use a Texas Instruments RF transceiver.
The matching network is an ordinary L-C-L network.

How can I tune the L-C-L network?

Keep in mind that:

1. I got a spectrum analyzer

2. I got a broad band antenna

3. I might score a Vector Network Analyzer

4. RF simulators are fine as a starting point

Enrico Migliore

Last edited:

You didn't mention the remote control antenna. It's usually electrically small with a low radiation resistance and involving most of the matching uncertainties.

- You would start with an estimation, better measurement of the antenna impedance.
- Design a matching network for it, e.g. with classical Smith Chart design tool, connecting the nominal transceiver to the previously determined antenna impedance
- From this point there are different ways to correct/fine tune the matching network. It depends on how sure you are about the quality of the antenna measurement.

A direct way is to measure E.R.P in free field and tune the network if necessary.

Or try to assess the matching network performance by measuring network + antenna impedance from the transceiver side, possibly correct it. An E.R.P measurement will be the ultimate criterion anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back