Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

extracting matching network data from S-param model of QPA2575

yefj

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello , I noticed that my QPA2575 datasheet doesnt have any smithchart matching data.
which is intresting because other components like the component attached.
I hve only S-param model of QPA2575.
can i do load pull? or matching smith chard circles as shown bellow with only S-param model?
What benefit can i extract from the S-param model to descover the properties of the amplifier.
I know there are NF circles ,Gain circles etcc.. but i am not sure what can be done with S-param model?
Thanks.

1698695270846.png

Attachments

• T2G6003028-FL.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
It's a Power transistor, no needed to have s-parameters.
Load Pull data has been provided for each frequency, an Application Circuit has also been supplied, all design parameters are well mentioned..
What else ??

Hello Big boss , i was talking about QPA2575 component shown in the attached link . i only have S-param model for it.
its datasheet doesn't have smith chart load pull data.
i know that S-param model is a limited thing and comperssion points cannot be extracted from it.

Hello Big boss , i was talking about QPA2575 component shown in the attached link . i only have S-param model for it.
its datasheet doesn't have smith chart load pull data.
i know that S-param model is a limited thing and comperssion points cannot be extracted from it.

You attached a Power transistor in your previous post, anyway.
This is a Power Amplifier that has fully matched to 50 Ohm feature. All you have to do is to implement the application circuit accordingly to datasheet. That's it..

Hello Big boss ,in general if i have an unmatched device.
What S-param can help us with?
What a real model simulatiion can do that S-param cant ?
Thanks.

Hello Big boss ,in general if i have an unmatched device.
What S-param can help us with?
What a real model simulatiion can do that S-param cant ?
Thanks.
Since the Nonlinear Model is not available, you can request Load Pull data from manufacturer.
But I said earlier, you do not need any small signal or nonlinear model. Implement the application circuit and do a fine tuning if applicable.
S-parameters or nonlinear models are generally given unless the component is critical or classified one( military, space grade etc.).
For high power devices, nonlinear models are used, for small signal circuits like LNA s-parameters are enough.
In a real design both of them are used in respective steps.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back