Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

manchester decoding PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

volkantr

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
manchester decoding

Hi everyone

Can anyone share assembly code for decoding manchester coded signals and displaying it with using PIC microcontoller?

The system I try to prove is that

A serial bit stream (manchester coded data) comes into the microcontroller.the protocol of the stream:

firstly 1 byte data comes for timing calibration. after that 1byte (16 bits manchester coded) data comes. After that 2 useless bits(intervals between manchester data transitions) comes. than 1byte (16bits manch. coded,second one) data comes. and again 2 useless bit comes..and it goes like this..

let's say the first 1byte data is the most significant Byte of an adress in the memory and the second one is the LS Byte.

I must decode the data in the micro controller and display immediately on 4-digit 7 segment display.

I've searched for days and all the code I found is about RC5 decoding, actually it can be useful but
The difficulty with this type of decoding is that If we have to do some display multiplexing or some
other time critical work to do along with this decoding ,it creates problems.

also I must say that I'm still a beginner of PIC programming..

manchester+decoding

thanks for your reply.

actually I know this system but there are differences between this and mine.

I try to decode and DISPLAY the data. displaying makes system more complicated because it takes a long time and we may miss the data coming behind.

so what do you suggest.

first off, I've no idea what is manchester, but if you're doin it in C,
you might want to try a demo of mikroC it has built in library for such a thing.
https://www.mikroe.com/en/compilers/mikroc/pic/builtin.htm
I think it's also builtin to mikroe's other compilers, now you have choice. :D

EDIT, OP ask for assembler, excuse my not paying attention to details >
µ

Status
Not open for further replies.