Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LT317 voltage ref problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

orienteraren

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi! I just got my LT317 voltage regulators. I do need a very precise output on 1.25V so I did the design found in the datasheet ( http://www1.elfa.se/data1/wwwroot/assets/datasheets/07331713.pdf ) under typical applications 1.2-25 v adjustable regulator. I connected everything and feed it eith a +12V source. On the output I get 11.52V no matter what I do. I tried to feed it with a 5V supply but the problem is tha same, the output is just a fraction of the input no matter what I do on the trim potentiometer (I´ve tried 0-5kohms with no change in output).

What am I missing? I suppose I´m misusing the componen but how?

Regards

Fredrik

Hi,
Whats exactly your circuit pls?
You will never have an output of 1.25V with these IC_remember pls; Uout=Urefx(1+R2/R1)! :-(
It will for you deliver Uref (1.25V) + some(depending of relation R2/R1) to the output.
K.

If you connect the ADJ pin to 0V then the V[out]-pin will produce 1.25V ..
Make sure you have the pin configuration right ..

IanP
:|

Did you measure the voltage between Vout and ADJ? It should be 1.25V. The voltage ADJ to GND should be near 0V.

What is your resistor value for R1? R2/R1 needs to be near 0 to get 1.25V output, so you should set R1 >> R2 (or ground ADJ directly).

I guess there's no problem with the resistors though, do you have an oscilloscope to check if the regulator is oscillating? Try adding a smaller value one (some nF) to the input and output (additional to the 1uF one).

Attached is a circuit based on the LM317 that allows for small output voltage adjustment and in the same time provides a lightweight "dummy" load ..

IanP
:D

Attachments

• lm317_-_1-25-to-1-35v_1314.jpg
    lm317_-_1-25-to-1-35v_1314.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back