Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for papers about phase shift or delay line

Status
Not open for further replies.

105s

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
phase shift

where i can find some paper about phase shift or delay line? i want to design a steerable shortwave antenna,and i want to adjust horizontal pattern!

Re: phase shift

Basically you can use a 90-degree hybrid or L/C elements and replace the capacitors with varactor diodes. That should work fine for shortwave frequencies.

Here are some links you can find on any search engine for "90 degree hybrid phase shifter":
Phase Shifter Design Tutorial
**broken link removed**

Phasing Systems:
https://www.w8ji.com/phasing_systems.htm

105s said:
where i can find some paper about phase shift or delay line? i want to design a steerable shortwave antenna,and i want to adjust horizontal pattern!

Steerable Phase shifters can be made using PIN diodes. Fixed Phase shifters can be made using couplers.

can i design a steerable phase shift by dsp? do you think it is possible? i want to steer the phase and make the pattern point to any desire angle.

I have not tried. Judging from what these chips can do I think it is very possible. Give it a try.

I think it is far more clean than using PIN diodes which in principle designing switches (in most of cases) and using switches with pin diodes you achieve phase shifting.

The other kind of phase shifting is what is called reflection-type phase shifters which are similar to couplers but with the difference that electrical length of a transmission line controlling the shifting can be streerable change (hence steerable). I know these designs are employed by military.

I am attaching few examples from a lecture.

have fun
djalli

Here something I did last year for dispersive and non-dispersive phase shifters. I hope maybe useful to you.

After milling design tested it using network analyzer.

180 degrees switched-delay phase shifter using PIN diodes from motorola. Modeled on/off version using RC.

djalli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back