Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Mini slide switch

Kennaz

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Good morning from Prescott, Arizona! I am attempting to repair my wife’s favorite Christmas trinket. The 2-position slide switch needs replacing. It measures 11mm x 5 mm x 5 mm. I am not having any luck finding one that size. Can anyone point me to a vendor who carries the smaller switches? Much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpeg
    IMG_0947.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
If you are careful you can repair the old switch. You will see the board on the rear where the tags the wires attach to is held in place by folded tabs. Use small pliers or even wire cutters to fold the tags back far enough to pull the board away. It will have 'fin' shaped contacts on it which are bridged by a metal slider in the moving part. give them a wipe with alcohol on a cloth and slide a slip of paper through through the metal slider to clean out any dirt. Then just put it back together again and it will be like new.

Your photograph doesn't show what is actually damaged on it, there will be three solder tags, if one of the outside ones has snapped off, just connect to the other outside one and mount the switch the other way around, they are symmetrical.

Brian.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back