Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for good robust Transmit and Receive routine in PROTON for using the RF link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medtronic

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I'm using the PIC 16F877 USART TX/RX for sending data from Temperature sensor over RF link at 433MHz.

The USART, works fine with baud rate of 4,800b/s (OSC=4MHz), when its connected directly between the RX and TX.

When I?m adding the RF link so the TX USART sends the data into the RF transmitter, and the data out of the RF receiver is feeding into the RX USART of the receiver PIC, most of the data that is received is corrupted,

I would like to ask if I can get a good robust Transmit and Receive routine in PROTON for using the RF link. So the data from the sensor will be send and read properly in the receiver.

Thanks in advanced,

MedTronic

Re: RF problem

Hi,

If you are using those ASK modules you might find 4800 is too fast for them - try a lower rate.

Also you seem to realise you need a good encoding routine to filter out all the other 433 signals in the area - Manchester coding seems to work well, but have only seen it in Assembler.

See this post

Re: RF problem

The fact, that simple RF modules don't work well with standard UART data frames is often ignored in edaboard discussion, and
everyone is complaining about failing transmission. Manchester coding is the right way, in addition a preamble should synchronize
the start of transmission. At usual low bit rates, the encoding and decoding can be performed in C language without problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back