Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for description of 6x4 Hitachi vacuum tube

Status
Not open for further replies.

saowaluck

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The Loud-speaker

I will design the loud-speaker (use vacuum tube).I have the vacuum tube is 6X4 (Hitachi) which I don't know about qualification or feature of it. I would like to data of 6X4.

Re: The Loud-speaker

Look on Google for "valve handbook" or "tube handbook" You will find many sites with data sheets on these items. Some of them have little programs for calculating the component values for amplifier stages using them. Your biggest problem will be finding a transformer with decent frequency response to transform the speaker 4-16 ohm impedance to that necessary for the load of the power amplifier stage. keep in mind that thermionic devices swing hundreds of volts and only tenths of amps. This means that they need a load impedance in the several hundred ohm range for best efficiency.

Re: The Loud-speaker

Hi

Here is a short description of the 6x4:
htp://tdsl.duncanamps.com/show.php?des=6X4
AT the end of the page you find some links.
htp://w1.871.telia.com/~u87127077/diod/ez90.htm

It is a fullwave rectifier valve...

If you find a valve capable of delivering high enough current you can try OTL, output transformerless.

Cl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back