Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for best system to detect human presence

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggbob

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am working on a system opening an electric window only when a human presence is detected.
I'm not sure about the best technology for this and I want to know if anyone have experimented this kind of project.

I think that both ultra sound and passive infra red are interesting but is there any other interesting system ?

Thanks in advance

Bob :?:

Hi biggbob,

Also radar is a possibility. It has the disadvantage that you can only detect a movement (not a absolutly still standig person). But a radar system is much less sensitive against external influences (sunlight, heat, ...). There exist many manufacturer of such systems.

Bye

I saw some systems with both infrared passive and radar (built with a patch antenna)

Lollo

I am sorry but I'm afraid that your problem is very difficult to resolve because the modern sensor can only detect movement. If you need a sophisticated system you must use and work around video cameras to get it.

Good luck,
Fernando.

PIR SENSOR

HI FRIEND

The best solution is to used pir sensor they ment for this purpose
also visit holtek semiconductor web site for pir sensor driver chip
The commercial product for security is come with pir sensor and they are cheap and you can find it easly
regards
Fragrance

Thanks a lot for replies.

I think I must use a PIR detector design for detecting pet movement in a small area.

Any URL of distributors ??

Thanks again

Bob

biggbob said:
Thanks a lot for replies.

I think I must use a PIR detector design for detecting pet movement in a small area.

Any URL of distributors ??

Thanks again

Bob

see the the attach file may be help full

for url please visit rs component and digi key
regards
Fragrance

human detection

WWW.Creative.com has video cameras less than $100. They have software to detect motion. They also connect to your PC. They also have a SDK for free to develop drivers. :D

Hi,

Depend on the tracked area. If you need to get the presense of human into one room, it's hard. If you just need to know the presense in small area active IR is OK, or capacitive sensing.

Take a look at www.qprox.com - with their chips you can detect approaching of a human or other object to the electrode. You can turn any conductive object to sensor. BTW, they use this sensors to push the water in the taps - approaching the hands to the tap will push the water. No hands - no water.

This sensors work like keys - presense - no presense. They detect not the change (like PIR), they just measure the presense.

uh - dont they have something similar already?

At my previous job - each room has a motion/heat sensor - the moment someone walk in - it turns on the light. I predict the same can be done for opening the window - just change the switch from switching on the light to switch on the window openner.

other method

You can attack this from another angle. Why do you want to open the window? Is it to keep the temperature down or up? Is it to keep the carbon dioxide level low? Is it to keep the relative humidity down? In each of these cases, there are specific sensors that can be used in a servo loop to open the window to adjust the indoor parameter.

i am looking a device that mostly seen on the lifts door that open when a person entering in the lift

infrared is installed in a kiosk. when someone is infront of the infrared beam the software should detect the beam interruption, it should detect that someone is infront of the kiosk and raise an event...and i want to control this device from Visual Basic is this possible

waiting for the reply

thank u

If you want a reliable system that avoids false alarms use at least two different types of independent sensor. Combine them at the alarm circuit through an AND function.

This method is the only type accepted in the UK for security purposes.

Polymath

When I read the topic title, Looking for best system to detect human presence, I couldn't help thinking; "A dog."

Please forgive my feeble attempt at humor. I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful weekend.

Kind regards, Mike

Whilst a dog is good Geese are better.
No fun to walk though!

best regards ... Polymath

<way off topic>

Weren't Polymaths the main characters in Asimov's Foundation series of books?

Mike

f.y.e. Mike, K8LH

OFF TOPIC but your PM does not work.

From Wikipedia:
A polymath (from Greek "polys" meaning "much", great in quantity; and "mathese" meaning "learning") is a person who excels in multiple fields, particularly in both arts and sciences.

Polymath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back