Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logical Pin Name used

Status
Not open for further replies.

fail1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am getting this message:
Logical Pin Name used :u_xx/clk1

Verification Tool complains that create_clock in your sdc file is using a logical pin name.

create_clock [get_pins u_xx/clk1] -name clk1 -period 25

What does it mean ?

Thanks
Kumar

Which verification tool? What is the exact message? Is it a warning or an error? Does it prevent further processing? Does the tool prefer 'get_ports' SDC command instead of 'get_pins'?

Its Conformal.
Its just a warning.No problem in processing the testcase.
I jsut want to understand what exactly this warning message means?

Thx
Meena

I think it means your constraint file creates a clock on a logical pin rather than a physical pin. i.e., some hierarchy module / pin name, which could be removed from the design by flattening or physical design.

I think it's best practice for SDC to work with cell/pin_name instead of module/pin_name, and Conformal is trying to tell you this.

fail1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
fail1 said:
Its Conformal.
Its just a warning.No problem in processing the testcase.
I jsut want to understand what exactly this warning message means?

Thx
Meena

create_clock [get_pins u_xx/clk1] -name clk1 -period 25

In this constraint get_pins is object access command which should be physical port/pin of your module and -name should be name of net connected with physical pin.

If any of these mismatches you will get this kind of waring.

HTH
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back