Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Liion or Lipol charge IC - function without battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darksir

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi boys,
I need Liion backup for my GSM module apllication.
I have 12V supply, which is regulated to 4V. I found MCP73871 for Liion charging.

When I remake circuit and use this IC as power IC, with Liion backup, will be power supply enough for GSM module when I use this without Liion? Liion will be used optionally and I need one circuit for backup and nobackup circuits...

Thank you, Petr

Many thanks. This is good IC, but have a bad package. QFN is difficult to solder. I foud any application note from microchip where was cheap Liion charger with external Mosfet and diode. This mosfet switch load to power supply, or lioon when power supply down. Is it good idea? Thi is cheap, variable and only 3 parts are needed. Charge controller, mosfet and diode + resistor - OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.