Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED lamp current monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Farouk

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All

I need to design a current indicator for LED lamp current monitor application. which mean I need to sens (just sens without measuring) the current flow in the high side lamp. the current may be down to 10 mA. also I need sufficient isolation and digital o/p indicator.

Holl Effect CS has low sensitivity for low current, and shunt base solutions are expensive and need to have isolated supply to power the high side.

So, I am asking for on the shelf solution with digital o/p indicator

So, I am asking for on the shelf solution with digital o/p indicator

There are digital LCD meters you can purchase ready-made. Powered by several volts. Range 0 to 200 mV. (You must attach a resistive divider if you wish to measure high voltages.)

Install a 10 ohm current sense resistor. Take a reading of the voltage which develops on it. Move the decimal point as needed.

- - - Updated - - -

This one appears to be hooked up to measure supply voltage. You need to make sure how many wires the meter has, and what wiring arrangement allows it to measure what you want.

7502335300_1473103863.jpg

you only need to sense not measure?...then why not just sense the voltage across the leds that are flowing current?

Status
Not open for further replies.