Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

learning to Interface !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidiotb

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
I am a newbie in this world of Embedded ssytems.Completed my learning part of 8051 uC and the only topic that bothers me is this interfacing devices.Can someone guide me where to start to learn this?Any good books for these things?
Actually the lab resources are very limited for me.Is there any simple way so that i can use my PC itself,connect it to some device and test my serial port programs ,etc.Are there any such devices?????Or anyother means to use my PC with some hardware.

Thanks,
Kareja

hi,
use CreateFile on ur pc and connect to any serial device and start experimenting, msdn has topics for device interfaceing.
buy a small printer and start experimenting by sending commands to it and make it work, good place to start.

first begin with interfacing your 8051 to serial port, you can use this to debug your programs on 51. after learning RS-232 you can move to parallel and interface your 51 to computer parallel port for faster communications. at the same time you may like to learn more about programming because half of the interface is computer, you can use VB or VC++ whichever suits you better. you also need to learn about driver development for more advende interfacing. the best tool that can help you and really saves your time and prevents many frustrations, is a dual channel osciloscope.
for the material start by going to https://www.beyondlogic.org
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back