Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

laptop goes off after 3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

princevicky

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
Mr Golani how are you.i have a problem with my hp dv 6 laptop when i switch it on it goes off in 3 seconds all lights blinks fan also work for a while like its going to start but then after 3 seconds its goes off.can you please help me in this matter ..what is this problem exactly i tried cmos battery new charger new battery everything but still its the same
anyhelp or hint about the problem will be hghly appriciated
Thanks alot

Sounds as though it's failing the power-on self test (POST).

Or perhaps one of the peripherals is drawing too much power. Disconnect all peripherals.

If you keep having trouble you may end up having to disconnect a few internal items. Such as modem, network card, wireless card, and remove all but one RAM chip.

Just as it's starting up, can you press the right key that opens the BIOS settings?

Look for things like RAM memory testing, etc. A bad memory IC can halt startup. I don't know if all computers display the progress while testing RAM. It might help to have this on, in case you can spot something looking wrong.

Or, you can try turning off RAM testing.

If the hard disk is bad, then more time will probably go by before you see an error message about the disk.

Consider starting from a boot CD.

hi
Mr Golani how are you.i have a problem with my hp dv 6 laptop when i switch it on it goes off in 3 seconds all lights blinks fan also work for a while like its going to start but then after 3 seconds its goes off.can you please help me in this matter ..what is this problem exactly i tried cmos battery new charger new battery everything but still its the same
Thanks alot

hallo mr. prince i am not golani but i advise you this problem is vga chip problem so if you have bga machine reball the g mch if not refer it to any exprince tecnicien dont play with your good laptop

i have a problem with my hp dv 6 laptop when i switch it on it goes off in 3 seconds all lights blinks fan also work for a while like its going to start but then after 3 seconds its goes off.can you please help me in this matter ..what is this problem exactly i tried cmos battery new charger new battery everything but still its the same

I experienced a similar problem with an HP dv6000 after getting the run around for several months from HP, the unit finally failed all together.

It turned out to be a known issue with the motherboard and HP delayed me from taking action until the warranty had expired.

You could always join the class action lawsuit against HP.

Now I only buy Toshiba laptops and have not had a single issue with any of the Toshiba laptops I've purchased.

BigDog

Reactions: mombay

mombay

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello Mr. princevicky i think there is an component is shorted in your laptop. if you having some knowledge about repairing then procced for checking shortage in laptop. otherwise consult an service center or chip level repair technician. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.