Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Laptop loses hdmi connection after 20 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

akerikels46

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My Lenovo y540 laptop screen was punched, breaking the screen (spider cracks on screen and visible dent on plastic casing around screen). So I started to use a tv through hdmi cable which was working fine. Then after a couple days, of which the laptop was moved around some, the laptop turns on fine but the screen does not light up at all. On top of this, it loses connection (through hdmi cable) to the tv after about 20 seconds. I see the boot up and log on, and then after a couple seconds of being on the home screen, I lose connection (tv shows no signal). The hdmi cable works fine when used with a console, so I doubt the hdmi cable is faulty. I tried clicking fn plus f7 but that did not work. May someone please help me resolve this connection issue? Would be greatly appreciated

tv through hdmi cable
after a couple seconds of being on the home screen, I lose connection (tv shows no signal).

* Do you mean the tv shows your desktop, then goes dark and shows a message 'No signal, check connection'? Does it help if you bend and manipulate the hdmi cable? Remove the plug and re-insert it?

* Did you choose the TV to be the only monitor display in control panel settings (under Advanced tab of Display settings)?

* Does the control panel recognize the tv brand & model? Is it correct?
* And, does control panel recognize your broken laptop screen? If so then can you shut it off to avoid confusing the computer?

* Did you select compatible pixel dimensions in control panel... that is, less than or equal to the tv hardware resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back