Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Jungo Windriver and PCI bursts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zape

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
jungo burst transfer

I am starting a PCI application based on a self developed hardware. It is a board designed to be plugged on an standard PC.
I need to write in pci burst transfers, about 1K byte per transfer, and I have tried several ways of making the writes (following winDriver doc, but I can not get so fast transfers (3 or 4 dwords) is maximum.

Anyone suffered from the same trouble? Is the driver the problem or it is in the PC PCI arbitrer?... or perhaps on my hardware?

Any advise should de helpful.
:crazyeyes:

jungo windriver

I too am interested in this.

1. Is there any limitation on the PCI burst size on the mother board?
2. Is the PCI arbitration priority configurable. ie, can I program higher priority for any particular PCI add-in card?

pci burst+jungo

I'm very interested, but just for the future.
I always wanted to do some PCI hardware, but I never had the chance.

windriver burst transfer

What type of PCI bridge are you using. To support PCI burst transfers your device has to support MASTER mode. If your device supports only target mode then You'll be able to transfer only one DWORD per burst.

jungo windriver burst transfer

In my Design,Use MailBox 0 or 1 as the Transmit Passage for Parameter,Use WinDriver V5.04 with DDK link the designed work,the System Transmit Data Error.and Reboot,Use MailBox 6 or 7,It/s OK.
Why?

jungo support burst

New WinDriver v6.22 (C) Jungo

WinDriver product line features market leading driver development
toolkits, designed to enable development of high performance, high
quality User-Mode device drivers. No DDK knowledge or kernel level
development required. WinDriver product line supports USB, PCI,
CardBus, CompactPCI, ISA, PMC, PCI-X and PCMCIA driver development
for Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/XP Embedded/Server 2003, Windows CE,
Linux, Solaris and VxWorks.

yyyy://yyy.jungo.com

Status