Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is this a possible Leakage current problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshmanNewbie

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a question about the connection circuit between µ-controller and KSZ8851SNL.

enter image description here

Are the CSN and SO pins of the KSZ8851SNL tolerant inputs? When Q1 is off, LAN3.3V was 0.9V in actual measurement. I think this is due to the current flowing through the internal protection circuit of KSZ8851SNL from the pull-up resistors of CSN and SO. In this case, is there any problem with the design?

Hi,

You say protection diodes... I doubt it has protection diodes input_to_VDD. Please check on this.

You ask about (leakage) currents.
So why don't you use a DVM and measure the voltage across each 100 Ohms resistor? Then you don't need to guess anymore, you can be sure.

On the other hand: When the datasheet says you should not drive input signal when VDD is not applied, then you should follow the datasheet.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back