Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

is there any spice model for fpga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin Khorsandi

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spice mode for altra devices

hi
in this link there are all of altra spice model.

https://www.altera.com/download/board-layout-test/hspice/hsp-index.html

I'm new in fpga. but it's really interesting for me.:p
do they really work? I mean can we write a program in vhdl or Verilog language and convert it to a spice model and simulate it in an analog and digital mixed simulator such as orcad or altium?

Last edited:

Um, yes, they really work.

I've never used spice models for FPGAs, but I believe they just model the I/O, not the internal logic, i.e., your VHDL/Verilog. You can simulate the logic using any number of simulators that will do either functional or timing simulation. Functional simulation just simulates your code without consideration of the physical device; timing simulation actually models the performance of the silicon.

timing simulation actually models the performance of the silicon.

Only from a digital logic perspective. They are not Spice models and do not do anything with voltages.

Only from a digital logic perspective. They are not Spice models and do not do anything with voltages.

Actually, you CAN specify simulations for different voltages or temperatures. Manufacturers provide minimum, maximum and typical simulation models for temp and voltage. But, you are right, they are not spice models.

Status
Not open for further replies.