Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is Spectre enough for ADC simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

srivatsan

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Regd. ADC simulation

I do not have Verilog A or any analog software. Is Spectres enough for simulations of ADC or would it give me a wrong simulation output. I would like to know this little bit in-detial (i.e. why?). thanks.

- srivats

Regd. ADC simulation

CAdence is enough for your simulation. You can set its accuracy for your design!

BTW: wh

Re: Regd. ADC simulation

piao said:
CAdence is enoaugh for your simulation. You can set its accuracy for your design!

BTW: wh

also you can directness use the verilogA(or AHDL) cell in cadence's library named "ahdllib".

i agree...cadence should be sufficient.....for the adc which i designed i did use cadence... spectre simulation....and it was for 16-bit...

chaitu2k said:
i agree...cadence should be sufficient.....for the adc which i designed i did use cadence... spectre simulation....and it was for 16-bit...

In cadence ,first you can create a verilogA cell,(the code you can learn from the 8bit DAC or ADC in the AHDLib),and then create a symbol. this symbol of ideal DAC can help you simulation your owr adc.

Thanks for all replies. If I get a trouble i will let you all know.

- vats

Or you can use Hspice with behavioral modeling for parts.

Yes cadence spectre is enough with some behavioral parts from
ahdl lib....

Status
Not open for further replies.