Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is electromagnetic important??

Status
Not open for further replies.

v9260019

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all
Is electromagnetic important for a electronic engineer or contorl engineer ??
In what and how ??

Thanks a lot

hi

Depends in which area you will work, some areas has little or no relationship with electromagnetics (except noise which is everywhere), and some others requires high backgroung in electromagnetics. For control engineering seems to be a pretty waste of time.

Sal

dear freind
please specify your field of interest so that i can suggest you regarding it
if you are intersted in 8085 and 8086 programming go for control engineering
if you are intersted in hardware go for EM theory

yes it 'is b/c it give you a idea od gradient and curl vector and scalar quantities also dimensions which use in control system also as well asprove many things by mathe,matics.

it contains all the basic principles behind all high speed circuits/electronics

Its very important coz its the foundation of our advance technology.

The electromagnetic theory becomes more important to those people work with signals with higher frequency. So, it's important for people working with antenna, microwave devices; then less important (but still useful) for people working with wireless communication devices; etc.

But in some fields, a sound knowledge of magnetism and/or electrostatic/electrodynamic is important, e.g. for those working with electrical generator or motor. Magnetism and electrostatic/electrodynamic with the interaction between both are the entities forming the electromagnetic theory.

IF your interesting field is communication, the electromagnetic is very important for you and you must know it clearly. But other field of electric electronics engineering it is not so critically but also it is better you know basic information about it because you will be engineer.

Hi neils_arm_strong, off course EM theory is related to everything, but I believe the important question is that whether or not we have to understand stuffs like div, curl, etc, in a specific field of study, for example in wireless communication or in speech processing.

It is, I believe, the same situation when someone asks whether we have to understand relativity theory or not. We know that, for those who work with big particle and with movement much less than speed of light, it is enough to understand Newton laws, instead of relativity theory.

In specific field of study it is better to model the problems at hand as simple as possible with the needed level of accuracy. It is waste of time and energy when one always deals a certain problem with the most detail theory exists since most of the time we don't need that high level accuracy.

Just my opinion....

I THINK IT IS THE BACKBONE OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING .I TOOK THIS COURSE MORE THAN ONCE ALL THE INSTRUCTOR WHO USED TO TEACH THIS SUBJECT PRETEND THAT IT IS SO HARD MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO THEM IN SIMPLE WAY WHICH LEAD TO UNDERSTAND THEM

yes,
especially it is important for electronic engineers

dear
its depend on you that which type of work you are doing if you are doing analog circuitry than you must mave its knowledgebut if you are dealing with digital electronics than i think its basics is enough for you

Status
Not open for further replies.