Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is dspic enough for vector control of an induction machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seyyah

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dspic acim sensorless vector

Do you think that dspic is enough for vector control of an induction machine? I may add a sensorless control algorithm later. Can dspic handle such a work?

Re: dspic for vector control

Depends on the algorithm you plan to use. Real time control requires a lot of MMACs which I think it probably beyond the processing power of a dsPIC. My guess is that you would need maybe 100 MMACs to do it.

Dspics are 20 mips and 30mips. I saw people who uses 20mips and 40 mips texas dsps to do the same job. So what's the difference that make texas succesfull against dspic ?

If your algorithm can be done with 20-30 MMACs then there should be no reason why the dsPIC could not do it. TMS320F241/3 should be comparable to the dsPIC30F6011 in terms of system architecture. Although, there might be small difference that make an algorithm more efficient for one architecture over another, but if 20-30 mips on a TI DSP gives you some wiggle room, then it should run fine on a dsPIC.

dspic for vector control

hi i have a question, i don't know that are dspics now existt in market? thanks very much

Yes, some dsPICs are now shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back