Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IR 2110 pspice simulation please help..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

nup

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have simulated a driver circuit using IR2110 on pspice. but not getting the output..:(

i am attaching my circuit diagram and the input voltages and the output voltages(which are coming wrong)...

please tell wats my mistake......

Attachments

• final3.jpg
    final3.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 70
  • final.jpg
    final.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 99
  • final1.jpg
    final1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 77
  • final2.jpg
    final2.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 74

Hi Nup
, it is usual ! why you should have out put with a boot strap capacitor of 100 nf ?????? increase it as large as 100 uf .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

- - - Updated - - -

By the way , you should change situation of vpulses . first one with v1=+v and v2=0 . the other one : change it's polarity , and then V2=-5v and v1=0 .

thanks goldsmith, for replying but still the problem is there.. no change..:(
any other suggestions??

Can you show me input signals , and then voltage across the RL and then use a differential probe to measure voltage across the boot strap capacitor ,please ? show me them .

the input voltages i have already uploaded.
its pulse wave given to HIN and another pulse wave with a delay to LIN.
and there is no RL in my circuit??

and the voltage across bootstrap capacitor is 9.5V. and its a constant voltage.

the input voltages i have already uploaded.
I have told when you improved them as i told you . didn't you read my latest posts ? about vpulse ??
If you improve Vpulse it will be ok i think .

- - - Updated - - -

By the way , why TD is 100ns ? why rise time and fall time are high too ? decrease them as low as 1 nsec . ( TD and TR and TF )

oh i am very sorry...
i am uploading the new inputs.. but still the output becomes constant at 5 V whereas it should be pulses..
and the voltage across the bootstrap capacitance is also a constant voltage of 9.8V.

Attachments

• new input signals.jpg
    new input signals.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 109

Hi Nup
A question : Did you really understand my suggestion ? Again : now value of Vpulse is ok , but you should change polarity of negative one . ( rotate it's source by 180 degree in your simulator ) you understand ? if no , then i have to simulate it for you and add it here .
Good luck
Goldsmith

oh ok..
i reverse the polarity of the second source...
but still the output is same..
please help me getting this circuit right....
i really appreciate ur patience...
thanks a lot...

Nup , now show me these voltages :
1- VG of Hside
2- V gate of L side
3- VGS of H side
4- Lin
5-Hin
Thus i can judge about your circuit
By the way , show me your improved schematic too .
( A prediction , it is also possible that your model is not correct ) ( i have seen tis issue for many times that models of spice have some problems too , but if you show me my requested parameters , i can tell you the problem )
All the best
Goldsmith

ok sir,
i have uploaded all the waveforms u asked..
but i want to tell one thing that i saw the application note of IR2110 and added a capacitor between vcc and com. and also designed the boot starp capacitance value which came out to be 20.66UF.

- - - Updated - - -

i downloaded the model from
www.irf.com.

Attachments

• VGS.jpg
    VGS.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 63
  • vgH -VgL.jpg
    vgH -VgL.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 76
  • hin-lin.jpg
    hin-lin.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 62
  • ckt.jpg
    ckt.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 67

Nup , an advise :
Don't waste your time ! here ! because you don't pay attention to what i'm telling .
If you want i help you you should understand what i'm telling , exactly . the problem is because L side can't be on . do you know why ? because of your mistake . what mistake ? look at V9 and V7 . can you remember what values i told ?
Now polarities are correct but these changes are required :
For V9 :
V1=0V Tr=1ns Td= 1ns TF=1ns V2 = -15v ( increase VCC of your IC as large as 15 volts )
For V7 : V1 = 15 v V2= 0v Tr=1ns Tf =1ns Td=1ns
You Understand ?

i am very sorry..
now i'll pay attention...
i have modified the circuit as u told...
still if there is any mistake please tell..

Attachments

• VGS.jpg
    VGS.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 57
  • VgL.jpg
    VgL.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 60
  • VGS.jpg
    VGS.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 56
  • modckt.jpg
    modckt.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 77
  • V7.jpg
    V7.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 64
  • V9.jpg
    V9.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 53
  • VgH.jpg
    VgH.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 51

Hi again Nup
Ok , now you have improved it , as well .
But supply voltages of your driver are still low . increase them up to 15 volts .
If it didn't improved when you increased voltage , it means your model have some problems . hence try to add another one . from another company .
Good luck
Goldsmith

- - - Updated - - -

By the way , why you have connected that box into C3 ?

oh ok...

apart from the model my circuit is correct rite??
well i have made another driver circuit using HCPL-3120 but that doesn't work either..
actually i downloaded the model of HCPL-3120 from avago technologies which was a txt file so i converter it into a model using pspice model editor..
i have made the circuit but output is coming 0...i am uploading the circuit if u have any idea about that please tell....

one more thing pin no. 1,4and 6 are supposed to be no connect but pspice gives an error if i do so. so i had to ground them. will that create error???

thanks a lot....

Attachments

• hcpl.jpg
    hcpl.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 69
  • input-output.jpg
    input-output.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 60

i just changed the simulation time and a little changes i think i am getting the output pulses. but not able to control the voltage of the pulses or the pulse width??

and the output resistance its actual value is 10Ω but if i vary that resistance up to 1MΩ also there is no change in the output.
do u have any idea how to do it??

Attachments

• hcplmod,jpg.JPG
    hcplmod,jpg.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 71
  • input.jpg
    input.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 61
  • outputV.jpg
    outputV.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 58

Hi again
The HCPL3120 is kind of opto coupler with a totem pole in out put . it is a good choice to drive a mosfet or IGBT with that .
An advise : because of some behaviors of power elements , it is impossible that i try to see the result with simulations . most of the times , i'm testing , my power drivers in practice but at first with low voltage instead of HT . then if the result be ok i can increase it up to HT ( higher voltages ) .
A thing came into my mind . for that boot strap driver , you should see the result after transient time . because it needs to be stable . hence i suggest you to increase step , ( start time from 100usec or higher )
Perhaps now it can be as you want .
Good luck
Goldsmith

- - - Updated - - -

By the way , about that opto driver :
and the output resistance its actual value is 10Ω but if i vary that resistance up to 1MΩ also there is no change in the output.
do u have any idea how to do it??
What do you mean by out put resistance e? load ? of course it shouldn't be high .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back