Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing db25 with pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktwei

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, i am doing a project which is about to interface the db25 to pic16f877a. But what i found on the web are all about interfacing between db25 and ATmega microcontroller. Can i just connect the pins of db25 directly to the pic16f877a? How can i do it? can someone shows me the pin connection between them? thanks

Don't do it! ; )
DB25 parallel interface is quite dated.. some OS's won't allow an application to control it easily, and you may need to
write low layer code. Better to use an alternate interface - serial or USB. Lots of code on google for serial interfacing.

EDIT: I assume you meant parallel interface - serial is avail on a 25 pin connector too, although not as popular these days.

Thanks for reply.
But i need to do it.
The specifications in this interface board includes:- support SPP protocol
- I/O selector via switches
- 74LS157 8 bit expansion via status port
- open collector,Buffered and latches output
- multi protocol data transfer
- Support PC programmer in MS Visual Basic
Can someone guide me?
thanks

There are several practical projects in https://www.codeproject.com
Search there, be specific to your PC programming language. (I guess C# is better)

Also you can find interesting examples on interfacing PIC to PC on following book; (include Serial, parallel and USB port too)
C# 2010 programming and PC interfacing by John Allwork

Hope that will help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back