Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing ADF7023 with fpga

Status
Not open for further replies.

abusid1170

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dude!
I am trying to use ADF7023 in my project to modulate my input wave at 435MHz.
I dont like to use the evaluation boards offered by Analog Devices.
Is it possible to use fpga for interfacing and configuring the above mentioned chip?
(I surfed and found that SPI interface holds good.but i dont know how to perform those interfacing)
If so,how?
and can u send me some documents or pdf's assocciated with it?

ADF7023 control and data communication goes through a SPI interface, it can be surely perfromed by a FPGA.

But seriously speaking, I don't see a particularly advantage of using a FPGA instead of a microcontroller. Initialization and radio state control involves sequential procedures that can be implemented more straightforward in a processor. Also debugging is much simpler with a processor and respective tools. Specific advantages of FPGA don't actually pay for the application. In a FPGA design that includes a soft processor core, you would probably implement the radio communication in software.

But nevertheless you can implement the complete radio communication in HDL programmed FPGA hardware if you like to.

k then can u help me of doing it?
can u please attach any pdf's relating to configuring and interfacing ADF7023?

I'm not using Analog RF transceivers and can't give specific hints. I presume that all necessary information is included in the datasheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.