Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Information about electromagnetic cloaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

res_ass

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
iam started a new research about Cloaking.

can anyone help me about that in these points :

1- what is Cloaking in general and especially Electromagnetic cloaking ?

2- what are the basic reference about electromagnetic cloaking ?

3- what are the interested publications about electromagnetic cloaking ?

4- what are the software used to simulate electromagnetic cloaking ?

Re: Cloaking

1-

2-

3-
Don't you plan to discover answers of the above questions?

4- People mainly use COMSOL Multiphysics these days.

Cloaking

To answer your first two questions:

1) Cloaking is taking an object and making the incident electromagnetic waves behave as if the object were not present. For example, if an object were completely cloaked at optical frequencies, it would be invisible.

2) Some of the references are "Controlling Electromagnetic Fields" by Pendry et al. from Science, 23 June 2006; this article references "Refraction and geometry in Maxwell's Equations" by Ward and Pendry, Journal of Modern Optics, 1996, vol 43, pp 773 - 793. This article goes over the mathematics behind the basic cloaking principle. An article that discusses the first cloak at microwave frequencies is "Metamaterial Electromagnetic Cloak at Microwave Frequencies" by Schurig et al. in Science, 10 November 2006.

I have a list of 50-60 references if you are interested; I can upload or email to you. Send me an email at jeffrey.mcguirk@afit.edu.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back