Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Info nelp needed for routing pcb for a 625 BGA, 0.8 mm Pitch (Freescale i.MX6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

userx2

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello

I will be routing a board for the Freescale i.MX6 processor which is a 21x21mm 625 BGA .8mm pitch, DDR3 RAM etc.

I am hoping someone here has done something similar and can maybe help me with a few suggestions regarding how many layers this requires and what a suitable layer layer stackup.

I have so far only done 324 BGA on a 10 layer board with DDR2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

X2

HI,

First list out how many power and ground signal is there (how many Planes need for your design)
then, list out high speed and critical signal and clock signal
and then built the stack-up
it may be help full for you

Hello

I will be routing a board for the Freescale i.MX6 processor which is a 21x21mm 625 BGA .8mm pitch, DDR3 RAM etc.

I am hoping someone here has done something similar and can maybe help me with a few suggestions regarding how many layers this requires and what a suitable layer layer stackup.

I have so far only done 324 BGA on a 10 layer board with DDR2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

X2

You have probably already done the layout, but if anyone else is looking to solve the same problem, you may want to have a look at https://www.imx6rex.com/ - it is an Altium project and the iMX6 PCB can be dowloaded. Hope it helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back