Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Inertial Navigation Integration FIlter

Status
Not open for further replies.

catalin.dragosh

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am trying to create a filter that can integrate inertial measurements with GPS measurements. My inertial sensors are a yaw axis gyro, an odometer, and possibly a 3axis accelerometer.
Could you please help me with some guidance? I have read papers, articles and books on the subject but I am still a little confused.
I consider the acceleration constant, so I have a state vector x=[E N v_E v_N a_E a_N], E and N are the positions in NED coordinate system, v_E and v_N are the speed on each axis, and a is the acceleration on each axis
The measurement vector z is [E_GPS N_GPS E_DR N_DR a_E a_N] where E_GPS and N_GPS are the coordinates obtained from the GPS receiver and E_DR and N_DR are the coordinates obtained from the inertial sensors through dead reckoning, and a is the acceleration obtained from the accelerometer.
F, the transformation matrix is: [1 0 dt 0 (dt^2)/2 0; 0 1 0 dt 0 (dt^2)/2; 0 0 1 0 dt 0; 0 0 0 1 0 dt; 0 0 0 0 0 1];
H, the measurement matrix is: [1 0 0 0 0 0; 0 1 0 0 0 0 ; 1 0 0 0 0 0; 0 1 0 0 0 0; 0 0 0 0 1 0; 0 0 0 0 0 1],
Does it make any sense so far?
My problem is that I don't know, for this system how can I determine the process noise covariance and measurement noise covariance.
Can you give me some indications in that direction?
Thank you very much.

we have accelerometer and gyro products for inertial navigation .

BRG
Gina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back