Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incremental Interface Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamilarasantpvm

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Frnds,
I am interfacing the Incremental Encoder to my PIC18F4431. The supply voltage for Encoder is 12V, and I am taking the output of the encoder A Channel and B channel with 12V and interfacing to the controller via a voltage divider circuit. the circuit is attached here. i am not using R4 and C14. only R8: 10k and R6: 15K are mounted. when i switch on the power supply i am getting only 200mv pulse from the voltage divider circuit. what is the reason. i hope there is problem with the resistor values. please hlp me to solve this and suggest me with the right resistor values. i need 5V pulse at the controller end. Encoder circuit.jpg. thanks in advance

Hi,

tell us the voltage levels on A_EN
and on A_EN_CON

Klaus

hi klaus,
the voltage from A channel of encoder will be 12V. when i connect the A channel to the circuit it drops to 500mV at A_EN and the voltage at A_EN_CON is 200mV.

Hi,

1) check if the connection of the BAT54S is wrong. (take care to use BAT54"S")

2) check if 12V are shorted to 0V.

3) check if the encoder outputs are "open collector"

Klaus

Hi klaus,
Thank you for your valuable ans and your time. the problem is with the BAT54. i removed the BAT54 from the circuit. now it works well and no issue.

With Regards
Tamilarasan V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back