Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Incredible!!! Electromagnetic pulse turns ON my circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
one rookie soln is add another button as the first one and make that exposed like the same.

give the op of two swithces to an xor gate or appropriate logic say A .!B or any other and this op shd control the alarm.

Thanks for posting, venkateshr.

But I think that connecting a "resistor and a Push Button" in each of a gate's input, I'll get HIGH voltage inputs for a "logic gate", and so, to have an OUTPUT of HIGH voltage touching Pin 2 of IC555, I'll need a X-NOR gate. So the X-NOR will send a LOW voltage to Pin 2 whenever ONE of it's inputs is different from the other one, to say, if I push just one of the buttons. The problem is, the Electromagnetic Pulse acts as if you were pushing one of the buttons, so I'll continue having the problem.

That's why is easier to put a capacitor between the Pin 2 and ground (in parallel with the button) so this transient pulses pass through the capacitor instead of affecting the circuits input (in my case, Pin 2).

P.S. The transient pulse seems to be of VERY HIGH FREQUENCY, because the capacitor alone, with no use of a resistor, is sufficient to disable the interference from affecting the circuit.

See ya ! 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.