Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Increase IR range

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricalStudent

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,
I am trying to find way how to increase the range of IR. Im using transmitter Ir 333 and reciver TSOP348.
Also,I wrote a program in the microcontroller (Arduino) in order to make sure thats the trasmitter will transmit at 38Khz frequency at modulation frequency 100Hz.
Up to 2.5m the connection is great but after 3m I dont have connection.
How can i increase the distance from 2.5m to 5m?
Thank you.

You are right FvM, 4401 was so starved for current all the components should have survived, maybe this explains the severe distance limitation, diodes simply not getting enough current. But that being said circuit still violates I think diode spec current, if driven correctly, it seems to imply if you want an amp then 100 uS max diode on time is limit.

Note 4401 base I way too low, by over a factor of 10 to low.

Interesting nasty turn off transient on 4401 collector....must be coming from model parasitic L ???? Its Vceo limit is 40V spec....Maybe it fried then diodes hosed with too much current ?

I used 4 4148 to sim diode Vth as I could not find a spice model.

1647359507884.png

Regards Dana.

PS : I looked at models, do not see any L callouts in parameter lists.....
--- Updated ---

Correction, sim time interval was too high, corrected and transient on
Q1 collector minimal.

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back