Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Implement Low Pass Filter in Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofingboom

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I Need to implement a low pass filter in an FPGA. I am very confident with FPGA's and DSP theory. I am not confident in selecting a DSP filter.

My A/D's are sampling at 1MHz. I want my low pass to be at 100Hz. The problem i am noticing is that 1e2/1e6 is a small number and the actual quantized model doesn't follow the passband of actual model. My specs for the filter are very arbitrary. I have a 15khz signal that i want to extract the DC component out of. So the gain should be 1 and roll off at 100Hz is fine enough to detect DC component. I would like some insight into what i should do? Should i down sample then implement the filter because the fc/fs ratio will be bigger?

Plus should i be using a FIR or IIR what type etc? I know about all the basic filters but i just don't know what is better for certain apps in implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.