Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

impedance matching with Zg=1-j0.8 and load Zl=1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundarmeenakshi

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
impedance matching doubt

i want to match sourse with Zg=1-j0.8 with load Zl=1.
which method is best?
1. connect one +j0.8 term between Zg and Zl
2.use LC matching but we need two elements.(some values)
Which one is best?first or second why?

Re: impedance matching doubt

Hi

Well the first option is easy, but you have to consider your bandwidth.
Higher bandwidth require more elements and using more than 3 elements can control your Q.

Regards

tyassin said:
Hi

Well the first option is easy, but you have to consider your bandwidth.
Higher bandwidth require more elements and using more than 3 elements can control your Q.

Regards
in terms of power there is any difference?

At one frequency there is no theoretical difference. However, there is the parasitic losses of the series element to cancel the reactive part.

flatulent said:
At one frequency there is no theoretical difference. However, there is the parasitic losses of the series element to cancel the reactive part.
my question is power transferred to the load is same or not?

Transferred power with just the series inductor should be slightly higher than with a pi network. This is because the circulating current in the pi will be larger than the just inductor situation and the power loss in the inductor's parasitic resistance will be lower.

flatulent said:
Transferred power with just the series inductor should be slightly higher than with a pi network. This is because the circulating current in the pi will be larger than the just inductor situation and the power loss in the inductor's parasitic resistance will be lower.
so single inductor circuit is better only one element we are using power delivered to the load is also high.(i think it should be same both cases we are satisfying maximum power transfer theorem

In the mathematical world all methods of matching are equally effective. In the physical world, inductors come with a series resistance.

impedance matching doubt

I agree with tyassin and also you should consider what kind of frequency-band designing for.

check out the smith chart after trying to match them if there is a dot on centre then impedance is matched try out by varying length and try to design it on single frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back