Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] impedance line calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello !
i wanted to know how i can calculate the impedance on a microstrip line as below.
it's consist of a ground plane , an air dielectric above the Gnd, a substrate with its Er above the air substrate and finally the line.
i can't find the formula for it .

thanks

1711642633360.png

Last edited:

I found many calculator but they only calculate for one substrate . For exemple on everething rf

There's no exact formula for this geometry. There might be a solution for the layered dielectrica problem by conformal mapping but I'd prefer a FEM solver to find capacitance per unit length. Inductance per unit length is identical with basic microstrip. This is about simplified low frequency solution. At higher frequencies, coupling with free space becomes relevant.

Notice there's a number of papers about effective dielectric constant of multilayer.

Last edited:

Hello,

I found the way to calculte this type of impedance with ADS of keysight. They have a calcultor called impedance line controller.
Thanks for your help

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back