Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

If this method works every uc can use MMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayder78

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want to use a cypress Psoc microcontroller wich has only 256byte Ram with a multimediacard to log a digitised analog signal into mmc, and as you see it has a small size for a 512byte block to store in its ram before writing to mmc
If the mmc in spi mode can I send a write block command to mmc and send 1 byte then stop the clock signal to the mmc then continue sending clock when the 2nd byte is ready from the ADC.

so if I can cheat the mmc by halting the clock every time WHEN I do not want to send during block write,then every microcontroller with minimum resourcs can use MMC.

Any MMC guru here??

Hi u!
Nowaday, the MMC card reader is the universal method. shematics and sources for it you can find easy via internet (google.com). But why don't you think that you can use the USB flash disk on your project. It's very good!
Now, i'm studying how can we use the USB as Flash Disk (USB host). i'm go to three of four street. you can try to use it...!
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.