Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IDE SLAVE in verilog???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsakan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ide interface verilog

Hi,

It all stated a week ago, I came to an tremendous idea. Since I started a simple project in CPLD at first I wanted to interface it with uC + FT232 combination. Then I realized that for a price a leatle bit less than 10 EUR i have a USB-IDE interface and quite a nice power suply. I have wandered if anybody had an idea how to implement IDE slave solution in verilog or VHDL or maby ARM or AVR uC?

The communication, after the identification of a device on a chain is not so complicated, it could be extracted from IDE controller example (for example see "ATA IDE controller for the XSB-300E Board" from XESS xomrporation), but I need a more in depth information on IDE protocol or some more in depth information.

I have tried to download the book from the post

But I have spent all of my points and didn't manage to get some parts entirely.

I have idea to use the IDE bus as a fast bus for interfacing a devices. I am trying to finish a foton counter for a friend of mine. It could be nice if I manage to make a transfer of entire collected data on time bins to the PC between chopper signal appereances.

If someone has an idea how to approach to this problem please help me~

By the way, I am a Physicist, and electronics is my hoby, so usualy I do not have a lot of time per day to achieve some result. Even a sugestion that this approach is not good for some reason is a good advice.

Thank You in advance.
Sincerely Yours,
Nenad Sakan

ata ide controller for the xsb-300e board

I don't know the answer to your IDE questions, but you can download the book by clicking the "Free Mirror (no points)" links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back