Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD-U40 - circuit and PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
icd u40

Hi
Woul'd you please confirm the values of the resistors R1 and R8 (470 ohms to VDD??).
These resistors do not exist in the original circuit of microchip.
Regards
ennio

mplab and icd u40

hi ennio,

it's same value on my icdu-40 clone ( but it's just for ccs compiler, not for microchip (?)).
best wishes
pama

folks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
icd-u40 programs to fast

H pama,
Thanks for the reply. I think i'll change the DC converter cap n R values. R19 to 0.16 and C11 to 1n8 @ 2n2. Not sure whether it'll work this time. But this will help to increase the overall current n turn on time. Will infrom after the mod.

icd.u40

Hi Pama,
sadly to say changing those values didn't help my case. i even converted the circuit using an external transistor to boost the output current but its stil a no go. suspect its the type of inductor that i'm using. means now i have to reconstruct the circuit. sigh. thanks for the info though.

ft232rl pcb board

hi fms,

i saw that you worked on your boost circuit, but you didn't check with an external power supply. It's your choice, but in this way how could you be sure that this is the problem?
But i think you are right, and the problem could be with your inductor value/type.
good luck
pama

icd-u40

hi pama,
glad that u replied. actually i did test with an external supply. pumped in an external 13V and 5V. manage to read, verify and erase a PIC18F4680. but din try to program it. my conclusion is that it should work fine. I've already redesigned to the normal IC regulator. but sadly, both of this configuration seems to not able to auto regulate the source to program a pic24 o dspic33 series. mayb an external circuit will help me with that.

regards;
fms

reconstruct schematic of pcb

Hi

My ICD S40 works fine with 16F and 18F but do not detect 30F4012 / F2010.
In ICD software , 30F is in beta.
That is correct ?

icd-u40 pcb

wjr1955 said:
Hi

That is correct ?

To program at 3V, you will need the ICD-U40. The ICD-S40 does not support 3V.

icd-u40 program schematic

qhrms said:
wjr1955 said:
Hi

That is correct ?

To program at 3V, you will need the ICD-U40. The ICD-S40 does not support 3V.

In fact, both, 30F4012 and 30F2010 boards are working at 5V.
MPLAB ICD clones (serial and USB) detect and program both.
Anyone have some experience with ICD-S40 and DSPICS 30F ?

Tanks

ccs icd-u40 software

That's why I recommended building an ICD2 vs a ICD-U40 in a previous post. ICD-U40 has the 30F4012 in beta testing though. CCS supports the ICD2 within MPLAB.

icd-s40 icd-u40

Hi. DSPIC support( and 3V devices too) supported only in ICD-U40 with new schematic, wich is different from ICD-S40 based ICD-U40 discussed in this post. CCS stop upgradig firware for ICD-U40 based on ICD-S40 schematic and there i no dspic support for it. We need new schematic of ICD-U40, which doesn't based on ICD-S40 schematic.

Best Regards.

icd-s40 firmware

Build an ICD2 which already has dsPIC support. CSS integrates fine with MPLAB.
The serial ICD2 is a simple to build device.

icd-s40 eprom

Hi pama and everyone.
So its me, again. To my disappointment, i'm facing a few problems again.
the icd that i'm building has a VPP which are high, about 12V. i've tried checking the transistors and they always on despite the actual switching signal in RC1 and 5.
I've tried adding in 10Kohm resistors in between the signal path to base and another from base to the emitter. But stil there is no success. anyone have idea regarding to this problem?

Added after 3 hours 18 minutes:

Hi everyone.
I found the solution to my problem. I've replaced the transistor which are connected to RC1 with a 2N7000 mosfet which i have in my bin. although the output is about 1.4V when it is supplied with power, but its low enough for the PIC. And i've tried programming a 18F4585 and performed debugging as well. Everything went ok. Thanks Folks for the project and everyone else for the schematics and information. Thanks Pama for assisting me previously.

rs232 usb icd-u40

HI everybody
This is very interesting, I tried to open the original circuit, but canot, do you know any other place, I see two designs here, but I like to see the original to try with my own design or see the diferences with the clons....
best regard Jose

icd u40 firmware

Very Happy thanks all

ccs icd u40 device

HI
I want to make a icd-u40
thanks for your work!

ftdi pic18f458

Hi. schematics posted in this topic isn't the real ICD-U40, this schematics are ICD-S40 with replaced MAX232 with USB->RS232 convertor.
And I thing CCS team never release support for dspic for these schematics.

Best Regards.

ccs icd fix

Hi,

it's strange that ccs won't support his old user with icd-s40.
But i read somewhere that the new debugger hardware is same, but they changed just the bootloader?!
any feedback is welcome (maybe from he know more about this change)!
good luck
pama

icd u40 pcb

Hi. Pama, I thing thath hardware changed too, because of 3V support, ICD-S40 doesn't support 3V devices. Firmware update for old ICD's( <= ICD-S40 and old ICD-U40) stop long time ago with icdfirmware-01-39.fw(ver. 1.39).

Best Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.