Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ICD-U40 - circuit and PCB

Status
Not open for further replies.
icd u-40 firmware

Hi folks
Now i can use FT232RL with Mprog. But i not have eeprom file ( .ept ) for ICD-U40 , For program to FT232RL. Please share me

Thank you very much.

icd u40 schemantic

nooknikz said:
Hi folks
Now i can use FT232RL with Mprog. But i not have eeprom file ( .ept ) for ICD-U40 , For program to FT232RL. Please share me

Thank you very much.

with the Mprog utility you can create your own .ept file. So, if you'ld like to use the older chip, you need the eeprom content. But for the rl version you have just to type the right VID/PID nrs, which are VID= 0403, PID= F9D1. And also you have to select the right I/O configuration for C0-C4, based on your hardware. But, i think on the default config you have just to change the VID/PID.
And also you have to check on icdu.inf the vendor iD numbers.

i hope that it helps!

icd-u40 j series support

Hi. folks, i try before with VID&PID but icd.exe rise exception.

Best Regards.

icd-s40+pcb

hi folks,

nice post, but if you'll do in the future in same way, i think you never will be helped! Why don't you use your word? It's like that you are my shadow in this forum! All things i made it just for my fun, and I share it to help others. I don't need your thanks, but i hate your 'copy/paste' habit!!!!! Now im thinking to keep for myself all of my work!!!
pama

folks

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
icd-u40 driver

pama said:
hi folks,

nice post, but if you'll do in the future in same way, i think you never will be helped! Why don't you use your word? It's like that you are my shadow in this forum! All things i made it just for my fun, and I share it to help others. I don't need your thanks, but i hate your 'copy/paste' habit!!!!! Now im thinking to keep for myself all of my work!!!
pama

Huh? what are you talking about?

ft232 pcb

sorry, i wrote this just for the person who started this topic (he will understand exactly what i mean). My problem is not that he post here my work, but he copied here exactly my answer from another forum, and in this way it's look like that he is the original poster.

sorry and respect for forum members!
pama

folks

icd s40.pdf download

pama said:
sorry, i wrote this just for the person who started this topic (he will understand exactly what i mean). My problem is not that he post here my work, but he copied here exactly my answer from another forum, and in this way it's look like that he is the original poster.

sorry and respect for forum members!
pama

I take your information and your "project" to help the others, not for my benefit. Is the only project that I take and copy/paste. In addition, in neither part said that it is my project
Anyway your project don't work if you don't share the .ept file. If you really want to help us put all the information and not guess.
Thanks for all....

Folkssoter

mplab icd-u40

petarpav said:
Hi. folks, i try before with VID&PID but icd.exe rise exception.
Hello folks, hello parma, hello @all

... same problem here.
Successfully flashed the FTDI to correct PID&VID. Windows detects the FTDI and installs the driver of CCS.
But starting the ICD.exe throws an exception from "ICD Interface Program" like : "Access violation at address 10006737 in module 'ftd2xx.dll'. Write of address 7C920895."
Played a bit with settings of MProg but nothing changes. PIC is already programmed via ICSP.
Maybe you guys already heard of that problem. Maybe something with FTDI dll version from CCS. Tried ftd2xx.dll version 2.0.0.0 and the newest one 2.02.04.
See also this link: https://www.ccsinfo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73620&sid=46e033df1771af6ee07e38486d9dfe82

I hope, anybody can fix this problem, because this project is quite nice. Thanks folks for publishing.

@parama : where did you publish information about the original project of ICD Clone ? Can't find anything about it. Would be nice, if you could post something.

Thanks and bye,
Chris

icd-s40

Hi Chris,

i din't published more information and don't plan to do. The ICDU it's not a free.

I think the problem is with the driver used. I also tried with more version, but it's working just with an older one.
try to find the ftd2xx.dll on your system32 directory, and replace with an older one.
For me is working with a version from 2004.09.23.

please inform us if is working also for you.
good luck
pama

folks

ccs icds-u40 schametic

:D thanks all

i used old ftd2xx.dll v.2.0.11.1 from **broken link removed**

it works fine

folks

icd-u40 debugger

nooknikz said:
:D thanks all

i used old ftd2xx.dll v.2.0.11.1 from **broken link removed**

it works fine

Thanks...
The mine works fine too!!!!!!
Thanks Thanks Thanks Thanks

ccs icd u40 schematic

Hi,

nice to hear that is working also for you!!!!
but could somebody clear up a right installing way or drivers, because i also spend more time to made it work.
thanks
pama

folks

ft232 eeprom

Hi, nooknikz. Can you upload all usb driver(not dll only)?
And which chip you use(FT232R ot FT232AM/BM)?
Because very old drivers don't work with FT232R.

Thanks.

icdu40 schematic

Hi. With nooknikz's dll for me working only debugger thru pcw.exe. ICD.exe dosen't recognize my icdu-40. And thru pcw.exe i can't program only target.

Best Regards.

clone icd-u40

Hi,

try to check in device manager the com drivers. You have to see an ftdi serial driver installed, with 115.200 kb/sec. And you have to type the right com port nr.
Sometimes i used the Ftclean tool from ftdi website to clean all and after that install again.But you can also check manualy the system files in windows directory...
i hope that helps,
pama

folks

icd-u40 driver download

Hi everyone.
i've just completed my version of ICD-S40. sadly, i couldn't get it to read or detect the target. i've successfully reloaded the it's firmware but i still can't seem to get it to read the target. Is there anyone who can help me out with this. Hope to hear from u all soon. Thanks in advance.

ft232 and 18f452

Hi, pama. If you use ICU-40 driver, it doesn't install Virtual COM Port. Virtual COM Port is installed only if you use original FTDI drivers.

Best Regards.

icd in circuit

hi fms,

i think i had same error when my vpp wasn't good enought.
in that time i tried with an ext power supply (12 vcc) and it helped. You should check your vpp with an oscilloscop or with an ext pow. supply.
good luck
pama

folks

Status
Not open for further replies.