Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5141 - -How do I add in LSW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdvaRes

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IC5141 LSW

Hi members,

I have just installed IC5141 under Fedora 3. Unfortunately the LSW Editor has only the background layer.

How do I add in LSW (Layer Window) the commonly used
layers (metal_1, poly, pimp, nnwell, etc ...) ?

I think that the problem is related to the tech Files attachement but I dont know the location of that file on my machine.

Is that file given by IC5141 or we have to download it from a IC manufacturer like TSMC ..

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

IC5141 LSW

The technology file is supplied by a foundry.

Re: IC5141 LSW

the layers are not missing but the font for the layer names is missing.

hock

AdvaRes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
IC5141 LSW

Do you have the PDK setup?

IC5141 LSW

At the top of the LSW, the current library name will be displayed. Is it "cdsDefTechLib"? This means you answered "Don't need a technology file" when you created a new library.

Usually a ascii technology file (.tf file) will be provided by foundry. You can use this file to create a new library, or load the ascii technology file to a existing library ( this library should have a techfile, i. e., not connected to another library).

AdvaRes

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back