Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC5033 runs under win2000? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd2001

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
One day. I visited a design house and saw many engineers run IC5033 under Windows 2000, I asked how and they answered running Linux inside Windows 2000.

That is wondful, but how to setup this envronment? Anyone konws the secret of this?

May be they used Linux server and soft like Exceed.
We use this way and I can work in Windows and Linux at the same computer at the same time. I can run both Linux task and Windows task. But for Linux the task really run on server and display on my monitor.

Yes, you can use exceed or vnc to access unix or linux system on windows.
Now, I use this way to work. I know many company do in this way.

use some x-sever tool on windows to access the linux server, such as: x-win32, exceed

Other possibility is virtual machine, and it is not asecret!

hi
use virtual machine tardiness.had best use such as: x-win32, exceed.

use vm or virtual PC ,I think so .

they r just kidding on u!!

it must be a software like exceed or x-session or sth like that!

to dd2001:
maybe this helps
h**p://
good luck, ep20k

Install VM in win2000, then install Linux in VM. I am using this mothed in my home pc. But I heard Virual PC is more power than VM.

VM is a clever way to run IC5033 on new hardware because the VM emulate an old machine for which RH7.3 was testet

Hi
I am using X-win32-5.0 install in windows 2000 ...it is very usefull you can work IC5.0 in windows by acessing the linux/unix server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back