Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IC LM567 for powerline communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

nt_authority

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...

i hav 300MHZ transmitter and receiver circuit that used the LM567 ic..my plan is to connect it to the network card and send the signal through powerline...is it possible? right now i'm trying to construct the powerline coupling using varistor, X2 class capacitor and inductor...is it the right configuration for powerline communication?

thanks...

hi...

i hav 300MHZ transmitter and receiver circuit that used the LM567 ic..my plan is to connect it to the network card and send the signal through powerline...is it possible? right now i'm trying to construct the powerline coupling using varistor, X2 class capacitor and inductor...is it the right configuration for powerline communication?

thanks...
Hi
Yes it is possible but why 300 MHZ through the power line ? most of the power line transmitters are with lower frequencies .
I assume that you want decrease frequency of your carrier signal , thus you can use a tuned network , and two capacitors , then you can easily send and receive your signal through the power line .
Best Wishes
Goldsmith

hi goldsmith
thanks for the reply...yes i want to tune the 300MHz to any lower value that can pass through transformer and powerline...is it an x2 class capacitor suitable for that?or need to find special transformer for that job?...what is the formula to calculate the value of tuning capacitor?

regards
@uthority

hi goldsmith
thanks for the reply...yes i want to tune the 300MHz to any lower value that can pass through transformer and powerline...is it an x2 class capacitor suitable for that?or need to find special transformer for that job?...what is the formula to calculate the value of tuning capacitor?
Hi again
Most of the usual dispatching transmitters are based on phase modulation ! how ever the method that you are interested in , is widely used too .
Note : 300 MHZ won't be able to go through the line transformers ! because of equivalent circuit of those transformers in such a high frequency .
One of the most reasonable ways is decreasing the frequency of operation .
( BTW : try to think about LC filters with special band width !!! it will help you very much in this project )

Good luck
Goldsmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back