Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I2C filter - digital interface for FM tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

burningmosfet

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello edaboard i'm going to design a HID with an fm tuner inside. I choosed the SI4705 for the fm tuner.

This tuner communicates via I2C with the MCU and silabs tells me that "it is better to add C-R-C type filter on communication path, such as I2C_CLK,I2C_DATA"

I suppose this filter is needed to reduce the noise delivered to the tuner via the digital interface.
But I have never seen a CRC filter on I2C interface and i don't know ho to implement it because of the presence of the pull up resistance of the I2C.

Does someone have an idea about it? Could be like in the attached image?

Attachments

• i2cBUS FILTER.png
    i2cBUS FILTER.png
    10.6 KB · Views: 103

Yes,
I think so. But place a small resistor in line (between ICs).
Resistor should be on MCU side for SCL esp. It doesn't a matter for SDA, but i prefer FM receiver side.

Hi every one. I am trying to use I2C between Atmega128 and Si4705. I used pullup for SDA and SCK( the resistance is 3.3K with VCC=3.3V). When I am writing everything is fine. But when I want to read data, after the first ACK, the SDA goes Low and nothing happen any more. what should I do? Is there any problem with hardware? Did I forget some thing in hardware? I checked my software by testing it with one eeprom 24lc256 and it is fine in write and read. But when I use it for Si4705 SDA is going Low. Please help me.

Regards
Arash

can you post your schematic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.