Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I would like to design wall mount cigarette lighter(igniter).please any one suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinivasrao.potnuri

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to design wall mount cigarette lighter(ignite r)please any one suggest me low cost design.
230v 50Hz.I am some what femilier with basic electronic,power electronic.

Not sure what it is/why anyone would want a wall-mounted lighter, but isn't it basically some nichrome (resistance) wire? Much like a car cigarette lighter? At a low voltage, not off the mains supply.
Sounds a dangerous thing to put on a wall however.

Use 4A/12V halogen spotlight driver, get car cigarette lighter with its base from old car and a push switch. Put them in a metal box and that's it. If you are going to hang outside the wall of cigarette shop, don't forget to tie removable part with a chain.

Maybe you can just use a power supply of 12V DC and connect to it a simple car cigarette lighter with a switch.
Not the safest thing to do but it can work ( make sure you have a fire extinguisher also on the wall ;-) )

Use 4A/12V halogen spotlight driver, get car cigarette lighter with its base from old car and a push switch. Put them in a metal box and that's it. If you are going to hang outside the wall of cigarette shop, don't forget to tie removable part with a chain.
:At least u understand my intension.It is not available in the local local electrical shops and also cost is too high.please give me alternative method. Thanks you .

Status
Not open for further replies.