Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

i want info on Implantable battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

niks

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

can anyone give me more details about following batteries? These are used for medical implants

Lithium Manganese Dioxide (Li/MnO2)
Lithium Carbon Monofluoride (Li/CFx)
Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)
Lithium Thionyl Chloride (Li/SOCl2)

~niks~

Use Google, there are lots of info there about all of them!

Ante :roll:

C. F. Holmes, ‘‘Lithium /Halogen Batteries,’’ in B. B. Owens (ed.) Batteries for Implantable Biomedical
Devices, Plenum, New York, 1986.

K. R. Brennen and D. F. Untereker, ‘‘Iodine Utilization in Li / I2 (Poly-2-vinylpyridine) Batteries,’’
in B. B. Owens and N. Margalit (eds.), Proc. Symp. on Biomedical Implantable Applications and
Ambient Temperature Lithium Batteries, vol. 80-4, Electrochemical Society, Princeton, N.J., 1980.

and this, which I find a treasury:
A Guide to Implantable Medical Batteries, Wilson Greatbatch Ltd., Clarence, N.Y

Request them at your library

did this help?

Yes it useful. I already checked WG site. Its useful. But non-rechargable implantable batteries information im not gettin properly.
regards
Niks

hmmm who knows maybe people like only re-chargeable batteries?

Is something behind of the fact it will be there and if changed (in medical field ex.) it may involve more complex situations?

Educate me on this. djalli

In the medical area there is high risk of infection when cutting through the skin. there is also a higher monetary cost when doing the surgery. Therefore, batteries which power circuits inside the body are rechargeable to reduce the number of surgeries. The recharging is done by coupled inductors on both side of the skin. This can be done in a physician's office by a nurse. (This is much cheaper than a surgery in a hospital done by a physician with ten assistants.) The batteries are only replaced after 500 or so recharges. This is much less frequent than the replacement rate of dry cells.

Hi,

do u have scanned copy of above books or any pdf. if somebody having any information on primary batteries and implantable batteries please upload it.
i need it urgent
niks

I am writing a thesis about Batteries for pacemaker.
If you have information, contact me.
Andreas

I am studying about power sources for pacemaker.
My thesis deals cell lithium/iodine
lithium/monofluoride
lithium/CFn SVO
lithium/Mg
nuclear
Can you give me a help?
Andreas

Status
Not open for further replies.