Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I-V characteristic Curve in ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatt_190487

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I can plot graph of Id vs (+VCC). But I am not able to plot the graph for Id verses Vd in ADS. Here Vd in dependent variable. So I am finding difficult. The figure is given below.
Untitled.png

Please guide me.
Thank you.

In this circuit,
Vd=Vcc for Vcc<0.7V
Vd=0.7V for Vcc>0.7V
This means that Vd won't change at all for Vcc>0.7V. The Id vs Vd curve is just flat zero.

Id vs Vcc and Vd vs Vcc plot is shown below.
diode_plot.PNG

This means that Vd won't change at all for Vcc>0.7V. The Id vs Vd curve is just flat zero.
Your sketched diagram shows that it's not "just flat". Respectively it can be useful to plot Id versus Vd or vice versa.

I presume it's possible to plot an x-y diagram of two dependent variables in ADS. Otherwise you may want to refer to free LTspice where you can chose arbitrary variable expressions as x-axis in a the waveform plot.

You have to place the Vd node name using the icon "name". Then after the simulation has finished, in the data display open a rectangular plot and in the dialog box, where is written "enter any equation" write:
vs(<name of the variable where you have Id>,Vd).

The syntax for "vs" (that stands for versus) to plot an x-y diagram is: vs(y,x)

Status
Not open for further replies.